[NTG-context] Question to covers

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Sat Jul 28 12:01:48 CEST 2018

Am 2018-07-28 um 11:15 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm <texml at fiee.net>:

> Am 2018-07-28 um 10:12 schrieb Tomas Hala <tomas.hala at mendelu.cz>:
>> 1. Is a ConTeXt layer accepted as a whole in commercial Acrobat, or is it
>> visible as a heap of small objects? Or is it "only" better for more
>> comfortable manipulation in ConTeXt?
>
> I don’t understand the question.
> A ConTeXt layer is not a PDF layer.
> All the objects are manipulatable in Acrobat Pro (or another PDF editor),
> there’s no grouping on the PDF level.

If you need PDF layers, there are "viewer layers" in ConTeXt:

\defineviewerlayer[Ebene]
\setupviewerlayer[Ebene][
  state=start,
  visible=no,
  title=Test,
]

\starttext

Text

\startviewerlayer[Ebene]
{\bfa TOP SECRET}
\stopviewerlayer

More Text

\stoptext

AFAIK completely undocumented, I found them at http://source.contextgarden.net/tex/context/base/mkiv/attr-lay.mkiv
while tracking effects/properties (where these were implemented first).

While the example above works, I don’t get viewer layers in my current project, must investigate...
And then, if the combination of ConTeXt layers and viewer layers works (\setlayer within \start/stopviewerlayer?).

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net