[NTG-context] future versions

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Tue Jul 24 22:30:06 CEST 2018

On 07/24/2018 08:43 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> [...]
> It's not my intention to implement each possible feature as core feature
> (no one would document it anyway). Also, as development is basically a
> spare time effort, don't expect complex commercially interesting niches
> to come for free either as in that case one can wait till I a find a
> reason for implementing it for fun or development is driven by a project.

Hans,

if that were possible, I would like to make two proposals (that come
from the roadmap thread
[https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2018/091512.html]). It
took me two months to catch up.

I think it could be interesting to have the implementation of vertical
scaling (as Hermann Zapf suggested to you) to avoid orphan an widows in
MkIV (https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2018/091541.html).

As mentioned in the past
(https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2018/091525.html), I would
like to have notes that handle automatically page registers.

Unfortunately, I cannot attend the ConTeXt Meeting. But the notes with
automatic page registers may qualify as unusual usage of ConTeXt. These
are relevant for language-learning texts (such as
https://geoffreysteadman.com/platos-crito/).

Many thanks for your excellent work with ConTeXt, LuaTeX and MetaPost,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk