[NTG-context] page ranges in \markpage

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 21:08:04 CEST 2018

> Pablo Rodriguez <mailto:oinos at gmx.es>
> 18. Juli 2018 um 18:19
> Hans,
>
> would it be possible that \markpage could have page ranges as in the
> following sample?
>
> \setuplayout
> [backspace=0pt,
> topspace=0pt,
> width=middle,
> height=middle,
> location=middle,
> header=0pt,
> footer=0pt]
> \setupinteraction[state=start]
> \setupinteractionscreen[option={portrait, paper}, print=pages]
> \markpage[pages][100-300]
> \starttext
> \insertpages[i-context.pdf][width=0pt]
> \stoptext
>
> Many thanks for your help,
>
> Pablo
> Wolfgang Schuster <mailto:schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com>
> 18. Juli 2018 um 19:40
>
>> Pablo Rodriguez <mailto:oinos at gmx.es>
>> 18. Juli 2018 um 18:19
>> Hans,
>>
>> would it be possible that \markpage could have page ranges as in the
>> following sample?
>>
>> \setuplayout
>> [backspace=0pt,
>> topspace=0pt,
>> width=middle,
>> height=middle,
>> location=middle,
>> header=0pt,
>> footer=0pt]
>
> \setuplayout[page]
>
>> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>> \setupinteractionscreen[option={portrait, paper}, print=pages]
>> \markpage[pages][100-300]
>> \starttext
>> \insertpages[i-context.pdf][width=0pt]
>> \stoptext
>
> \startmarkpages[page]
> \stopmarkpages
>

> Wolfgang
> Pablo Rodriguez <mailto:oinos at gmx.es>
> 18. Juli 2018 um 20:44
> On 07/18/2018 07:40 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>> Pablo Rodriguez 18. Juli 2018 um 18:19
>>> Hans,
>>>
>>> would it be possible that \markpage could have page ranges as in the
>>> following sample?
>>>
>>> \setuplayout
>>> [backspace=0pt,
>>> topspace=0pt,
>>> width=middle,
>>> height=middle,
>>> location=middle,
>>> header=0pt,
>>> footer=0pt]
>> \setuplayout[page]
>
> Many thanks for your reply, Wolfgang.
>
> I didn’t know the already defined layout. In which source file is it
> defined? (I would like to know whether there are more already defined
> layouts.)

page-lay.mkiv

>>> \insertpages[i-context.pdf][width=0pt]
>>> [...]
>> \startmarkpages[page]
>> \stopmarkpages
>
> Sorry, but how do I apply that with to imposed pages with \insertpages?
>
> I know that \filterpages is there, but I need to have the complete
> document to print only some of the pages.

You can get the number of pages of the included file with
\getfiguredimensions.

Afterwards you can use a loop where you add the markpage commands at
the begin and end of the range, below is a simple example but it’s easy
to write
a better loop with Lua.

\setuplayout[page]

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\setupinteractionscreen[option={portrait, paper}, print=pages]

\starttext

\getfiguredimensions[i-context.pdf]

\dostepwiserecurse{1}{99}{1}{\externalfigure[i-context.pdf][height=\textheight,page=\recurselevel]}
\startmarkpages[page]
\dostepwiserecurse{100}{300}{1}{\externalfigure[i-context.pdf][height=\textheight,page=\recurselevel]}
\stopmarkpages
\dostepwiserecurse{301}{\noffigurepages}{1}{\externalfigure[i-context.pdf][height=\textheight,page=\recurselevel]}

\stoptext

Wolfgang