[NTG-context] Referencing footnotes by SECTION

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد Idris.Hamid at colostate.edu
Sat Jun 30 23:04:02 CEST 2018

Dear gang,

When referencing footnotes that reset each chapter, is there a way to
include the chapter information? See attached and below:

=======
\setuphead[chapter]   [alternative=normal,conversion=R]
\setuphead[subsection][alternative=text]
\setuphead[subsection][distance=0em,
                        textdistance=0.7em,
                        sectionstopper=.,
                        criterium=local]

\setupnotation[footnote][way=bychapter]

\setupreferencestructureprefix [section] [default]
                                [prefixstopper=\zerowidthspace]

\setupwhitespace[big]
\starttext

\startchapter[title={First},reference={}]
\startsubsection[title={},reference={reference1}]
\input ward
\startfootnote[footnote1]
\input ward
\stopfootnote{}

See \in{Footnote}[footnote2].
\stopsubsection
\startsubsection[title={},reference={reference2}]
\input ward
\stopsubsection
\stopchapter

\startchapter[title={Second}]
\startsubsection[title={},reference={reference3}]
\input ward
\stopsubsection
\startsubsection[title={},reference={reference5}]
\input ward
\startfootnote[footnote2]
\input ward
\stopfootnote{}

See \in{Footnote}[footnote1].
\stopsubsection
\stopchapter
\stoptext
=======

If line 8 is commented -
\setupnotation[footnote][way=bychapter]
- we get what we expect. But if line 8 is activated, we get an ambiguity:
Both references give back

  "Footnote 1"

Whereas what we would like is something like this:

  Footnote  I.1

i.e., Chapter I, Footnote 1 - for the first footnote; and

  Footnote II.1

i.e., Chapter II, Footnote 1 - for the second footnote.

Is there a straightforward way to do this?

[[Of course, for the roman chapter numbering we also run into the
reference-numberconversionset issue of the other thread, where

\definestructureconversionset[OLIE][n,R,n,n,n,n][n]
\setupreferencestructureprefix [section] [default]
                                [prefixstopper=\zerowidthspace,
                                 numberconversionset=OLIE]

doesn't seem to work.]]

Thank you in advance for any guidance or pointers you can provide!

Best wishes
Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid, Professor