[NTG-context] Problem with luatex experimental on linux armhf

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 16:42:02 CEST 2018

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 2:13 PM luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 12:23 PM Lutz Haseloff <
> lutz.haseloff at toppkieker.info> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> since the replacement of poppler by pplib the self-compiled luatex
>> executables doesn't work properly anymore.
>>
>> The binaries compile without stop errors.
>> The size of the binaries is about 2MB less than with poppler.
>>
>> The embedding of pdf files doesn't work.
>>
>> ConTeXt breaks without writing a logfile and the last lines on the
>> terminal are:

>> fonts > preloading latin modern fonts (second stage)
>> fonts > 'fallback modern-designsize rm 12pt' is loaded
>> mtx-context | fatal error: no return code, message: luatex: execution
>> interrupted
>>
>> I think, pplib isn't enabled.
>>
>> In the build.sh, there is a line: (336)
>>
>> (cd libs/poppler; $MAKE all )
>>
>> but /libs/poppler doesn't exist.
>>
>> My testfiles are:
>> \starttext
>> \externalfigure[a.pdf]
>> \stoptext
>>
>> a.tex
>> \startMPpage
>> fill fullcircle scaled 5cm withcolor blue;
>> \stopMPpage
>>
>> Is there anything I can do or is it a problem of the source?
>

> checking now
>
> --
> luigi

The example is ok   on my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
I assume luatex experimental, because luatex trunk is still with poppler .

# luatex --credits
This is LuaTeX, Version 1.09.0 (TeX Live 2018)

The LuaTeX team is Hans Hagen, Hartmut Henkel, Taco Hoekwater, Luigi Scarso.

LuaTeX merges and builds upon (parts of) the code from these projects:

tex       : Donald Knuth
etex      : Peter Breitenlohner, Phil Taylor and friends
omega     : John Plaice and Yannis Haralambous
aleph     : Giuseppe Bilotta
pdftex    : Han The Thanh and friends
kpathsea  : Karl Berry, Olaf Weber and others
lua       : Roberto Ierusalimschy, Waldemar Celes and Luiz Henrique de
Figueiredo
metapost  : John Hobby, Taco Hoekwater, Luigi Scarso, Hans Hagen and friends
pplib     : PaweĊ‚ Jackowski
fontforge : George Williams (partial)
luajit    : Mike Pall (used in LuajitTeX)

Compiled with libpng 1.6.34; using 1.6.34
Compiled with lua version 5.3.4
Compiled with mplib version 2.00
Compiled with zlib 1.2.11; using 1.2.11

Development id: 6832

I have installed context  with first-setup.sh, as usual.

# context --version
mtx-context     | ConTeXt Process Management 1.02
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | main context file:
/opt/context/experimental/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/context.mkiv
mtx-context     | current version: 2018.06.25 12:21

--
luigi