[NTG-context] Overriding / redefining / disabling standard commands

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Mon Jun 25 22:49:20 CEST 2018

List,

What is the preferred way to override a standard command?

My use case is that I am trying to produce html (and epub, but that has
a long long way to go) from the same source I use for pdf. Some features
are not needed, and I have separate environment files for each output
format to accommodate the differences.

I would like to override the standard \index command in one of those
environment files, eliminating the generation of index references. There
may be other constructs as well that would benefit from this
simplification while allowing a common content source file.

On a related note, does anyone have a css file that handles block
quotations, margin notes, and cross references? I would love to steal
bits of it.

--
Rik