[NTG-context] bidi in footnotes

Mohammad Hossein Bateni bateni at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 15:24:27 CEST 2018

I believe, you would need the setups, even if you had set up typescripts.
For some reason, the environments for footnotes and marginnotes are
different from that of the main content's.

I got this solution from Wolfgang/Hans two years ago, so I suppose it's the
officially recommended way.

I do not know how heavy setupdirections is, but this method, I guess,
applies that command *once per page*.  It might be too much, but it's the
price you pay for correct bidi formatting.  For example, I hate to see that
I need to babysit page numbers (LTR) within Farsi text (RTL) in headers but
that's life.

‪On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 8:22 AM ‫Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد‬‎ <