[NTG-context] font pathes with colons

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 10 13:24:40 CEST 2018

On 6/10/2018 12:58 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Sun, 10 Jun 2018 12:42:25 +0200 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>
>>> Thanks. But if protection is possible, why doesn't [...] already
>>> does it? I thought that in the brackets is always only a path
>>> anyway.
>> because we share soem code with context and i don't want to support this
>> [] syntax there (conflicts too much)
>
> Ah ok.  I'm not really bound to a specific syntax as long as
> luaotfload at the end gets the correct data.
>
> The problem is that luaotfload is not really maintained currently,
> so it is difficult to improve its handling of lua-fonts. The current
> setup has some problems with them:
>
> I tried at first the {file:luafont.lua} syntax, but luaotfload
> doesn't look in fonts/misc in this case (which imho is a more
> logical place then tex/luatex), and also it constantly triggered the
> rebuilding of the database. Absolute pathes found with kpathsea
> looked like the way out -- apart from the problem with the colon.
i changed the parser for generic a bit so you need to check careful next
beta as i'm only testing some basic plain loading

i have no clue how otfload locates files but maybe you need to add an
entry to

local remapper = {
     otf    = "opentype fonts",
     ttf    = "truetype fonts",
     ttc    = "truetype fonts",
     cid    = "cid maps",
     cidmap = "cid maps",
  -- fea    = "font feature files", -- no longer supported
     pfb    = "type1 fonts",        -- needed for vector loading
     afm    = "afm",
     enc    = "enc files",
     lua    = "tex", -- LIKE THIS
}