[NTG-context] font pathes with colons

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sun Jun 10 12:58:34 CEST 2018

Am Sun, 10 Jun 2018 12:42:25 +0200 schrieb Hans Hagen:

>> Thanks. But if protection is possible, why doesn't [...] already
>> does it? I thought that in the brackets is always only a path
>> anyway.
> because we share soem code with context and i don't want to support this
> [] syntax there (conflicts too much)

Ah ok.  I'm not really bound to a specific syntax as long as
luaotfload at the end gets the correct data.

The problem is that luaotfload is not really maintained currently,
so it is difficult to improve its handling of lua-fonts. The current
setup has some problems with them:

I tried at first the {file:luafont.lua} syntax, but luaotfload
doesn't look in fonts/misc in this case (which imho is a more
logical place then tex/luatex), and also it constantly triggered the
rebuilding of the database. Absolute pathes found with kpathsea
looked like the way out -- apart from the problem with the colon.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/