[NTG-context] TeXLive and ConTeXt

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Thu Jun 7 20:12:15 CEST 2018

On Wed, 6 Jun 2018, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> Hi Otared,
>
> On Wed, 6 Jun 2018, Otared Kavian wrote:
>
>> I don't know to whom I should write to have ConTeXt enabled in TeXLive
>> when one installs it: can anyone give me a hint?
>
> $context test
> resolvers       | trees | analyzing 'home:texmf'
> [...]
> '.'/usr/bin/mtxrun:253: cannot open
> ./systemd-private-55c5c02a6995423fa7b5ef0af16560b5-colord.service-GCWnsA/:
> Permission denied
>
> which says that context could not find a format, so it tried to generate
> one, but none of the given directories were writable. I don't know why
> mtxrun is trying to write in a /systemd-private directory.

If I disable the colord.service through systemd, then context format is
generated correctly, and context can compile the file. Once the format has
been generated, the colord.service can be enabled again and the context
compiles correctly.

So, I'll say that the arch version of texlive also works out of the box.

Aditya