[NTG-context] TeXLive and ConTeXt

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Thu Jun 7 14:35:17 CEST 2018

On Thu, 7 Jun 2018, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Sorry, I have no clue what is going on with that systemd folder either.
> Last time I had anything to do with it, Mojca did the context-for-tl
> stuff, I assume that is still the case, and she is also on a mac
> normally. Perhaps she can help...

That was a distribution screw up. I did the following test using docker:

1. Install full texlive (it is a 3 GB install!)

$docker pull sumdoc/texlive-2017

2. Run Docker (here /tmp/context folder contained a few context files)

$docker run -it -v /tmp/context:/home -w /home sumdoc/texlive-2017
/bin/bash

3. On the docker prompt, run

#context test.tex

Context regenerated the formats and compiled the files.

So context works out of the box on texlive 2017. How to make sure that
texlive distributions on major linux distributions work out of the box is
a separate issue. I am not sure what archlinux is doing differently that a
systemd service for setting color profiles is being called.

Aditya