[NTG-context] How to scale math with text?

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Tue Jun 5 18:57:59 CEST 2018

On Mon, 4 Jun 2018, Alan Braslau wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 10:37:12 +1200
> Henri Menke <henrimenke at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear list,
>>
>> probably I'm just missing something obvious.  How can I scale the
>> math font size to match the text font size locally?  In the following
>> MWE text is scaled to 10pt but math still appears at 12pt.
>>
>> \starttext
>> {\tfx ABC $DEF$ GHI\par}
>> \stoptext
>
> I believe that the "proper" way would be:
>
> \starttext
>
> \startparagraph [style=small]
> ABC $DEF$ GHI
> \stopparagraph
>
> \stoptext

Or, \switchtobodyfotn[small] etc. This is what I had written in the
tugboat article on font switching (wikified at
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Font_Switching)

"These quick font switches are meant for changing the font style,
alternative, or size of a few words: they do not change the bodyfont, so
they don't affect interline spacing or math font sizes. So, if you want to
change the font size of an entire paragraph, use \switchtobodyfont
described below in Complete Font Change. However, it is fine to use them
as style directives in setup commands, that is, using them as an option
for style=... in any setup command that accepts style option. "

Please feel free to change the phrasing if it is not clear.

Aditya