[NTG-context] using lua fonts

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu May 3 20:26:20 CEST 2018

I'm trying to run one of the examples of fonts-mkiv.pdf

I copied the code from 4.5 Lua fonts to a file
"fonts-demo-rule.lua". This lua file is in the same directory as my
test file.

Then I tried

\definefont
[MyRuleFont]
[file:fonts-demo-rule.lua*default sa 1]

\starttext

{\MyRuleFont So when we use it we get text }

\stoptext

but I get in the log

fonts > defining > forced type 'lua' of 'fonts-demo-rule' not found
fonts > defining > font with asked name 'fonts-demo-rule' is not
found using lookup 'file'
fonts > defining > unknown font 'fonts-demo-rule', loading aborted
fonts > defining > unable to define 'fonts-demo-rule.lua' as
'MyRuleFont--0'

The file itself is found (I can see its path later on). What is
going on here?

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/