[NTG-context] ToC as itemize

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Thu May 3 16:13:30 CEST 2018

Hi again,
Alan Bowen invented this interesting setup where the table of contents is to be included in an itemize.
E.g.

   Foreword ........  I
1. Smth unrelated .. II
2. Author: Title ...  1
3. Author: Title ...  5

etc.
Only 2. and 3. come from a "list" of chapters, other entries are added manually.

The attached not-really-minimal working example also handles the author setup – IRL we use a lot of user variables for metadata that needs different representation in ToC and titling.

This is the core code:

\define[1]\ChapterTocEntry{%
  \startitem
    \structurelistuservariable{author}:
    #1\leaderfill\currentlistentrypagenumber
  \stopitem
}

\definelist[chapter][%
    alternative=b,
    interaction=all,
    criterium=all,
    textcommand=\ChapterTocEntry,
    pagecommand=\gobbleoneargument,
]

\startContentsList
%\sym{}Preface\leaderfill\at{Preface} % Preface unnumbered

\startitem Test entry\leaderfill 123 \stopitem

\placelist[chapter][criterium=all]

\stopContentsList

The actual problem:
The chapter list entries don’t adhere to the formatting of the itemize.
I guess there’s some expansion problem, due to the \startitem inside if the textcommand?

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net