[NTG-context] ! error: (nodes): attempt to double-free math_char node 100300, ignored

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Apr 30 16:59:48 CEST 2018

Am Mon, 30 Apr 2018 15:49:11 +0200 schrieb Hans Hagen:

>> While discussion the issue with the unicode-math maintainer the
>> question came up if mathalphabets like \mathrm etc should better use
>> mode=node or mode=base. Do you have recommendation?

> not really as i have no clue how he implements math alphabets

Imho like in traditional tex as new math family with \newfam etc.

>From the output there is a clear difference, only with base mode one
gets ligatures and kerning.

$\mathtestnode{VA fin}$   (node mode: without ligature and kerning)

$\mathtestbase{VA fin}$   (base mode: with ligature and kerning)

But I'm not sure which output is the typographically sounder one.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/