[NTG-context] ! error: (nodes): attempt to double-free math_char node 100300, ignored

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sat Apr 28 15:11:31 CEST 2018

I have no idea how to transpose the following latex example to
context. Also in my opinion the input is wrong, it should be written
as \mathtestbase{fb}^{-1} (and this works fine).

So I'm only posting this for the case that it indicates some hidden
problem in the fontloader.

The error I get from the document below is

! error:  (nodes): attempt to double-free math_char node 100300,
ignored
!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

The fonts used are

[latinmodern-math.otf]:mode=base;script=math;language=DFLT;
and
STIXTwoText:mode=base;script=latn;language=DFLT;

Imho the relevant points to trigger the error are
- a math alphabet which uses mode=base
- a ligature in this font (fb here)
- a following math symbol directly behind the ligature (\int would
give an error too).

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{unicode-math}
\setmathfontface\mathtestbase{STIX Two Text}[Renderer=Basic]
\begin{document}
 $\mathtestbase{fb^{-1}}$
\end{document}

--