[NTG-context] Question to sectioning

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Wed Apr 25 19:51:49 CEST 2018

On 04/24/2018 12:59 AM, Tomas Hala wrote:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> some deep error appeared, unfortunately. I tested it on TL2014--17. Did you
> use TL2018? It seems similarly as any other error related with the change of
> dimensions maintanance betweeen TL2017 and 2018.

Hi Tomáš,

both issues (the one from this thread and the question with hanging
punctuation) are fixed in latest beta.

You may install the latest beta from the ConTeXt Suite (aka ConTeXt
Standalone [http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone]) besides
your TeX Live installation.

The ConTeXt Suite is portable, so it won’t interfere with TeX Live. In
fact, I keep previous versions and I have fifteen different betas on my
computer (I only use the latest one, but it is wise to keep old versions
just in case some relevant functionality is compromised in latest version).

In the past, I was also reluctant to use beta versions. But after a
reply to one question of mine in this list, I realized that I may use
the latest beta version, besides TeX Live or the latest stable from the
ConTeXt Suite.

Instead of invoking:

  contextjit document.tex

I had to invoke:

  source path-to-context-beta/tex/setuptex && contextjit document.tex

The minor difference (I guess you don’t type the command) allows you to
use the latest version of ConTeXt.

After all, I guess this is much easier that trying to fix ConTeXt from
TeX Live 2017.

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--