[NTG-context] trying out "plug mode" and the harfbuzz plugin

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 22 12:04:11 CEST 2018

On 4/21/2018 10:42 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> I read the guitex article about ffi and luatex and wanted to try if
> I could run tests with harfbuzz and the plug-mode.
>
> Looking in the newest context I found in onandon-ffi.tex a reference
> to the module fonts-plugins. But this module loads a lua file which
> isn't in context:
>
> \registerctxluafile{font-phb}{} % harfbuzz plugin

which then indirectly loads some more code

> Is this an oversight or is the code not meant to be used? Or is
> there something newer somewhere else?
it's on my machine (and occasionally used when we test idris new fonts
and do because engines can behave different so we can compare hb,
uniscribe and context) ... when falling back on something else lots of
other font related features in context will not work (apart from
performence)