[NTG-context] goto reference

Hans van der Meer havdmeer at ziggo.nl
Thu Apr 19 09:37:10 CEST 2018

The goto to the internet as given by Wolfgang works here too, but other configurations do not. Please ascertain my observations from the test given below. You should replace the absolute path by your own, of course. Three cases are programmed:
(1) Wolfgang’s
(2) full path ftp:// access opens file but at last page opened
(3) local path does not open and brings up an Alert
Run from TeXShop and also directly in Preview and Adobe Reader with the same results.

Thanks in advance.

dr. Hans van der Meer

\starttext
\currentdate-\currenttime\quad\ConTeXt-version=\contextversion\blank
Testing directly from \ConTeXt:\blank
\setupinteraction[state=start,color=blue,style=italic]
\goto{Beginners manual called with http:// opens in browser as expected}[url(http://pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/mp-cb-en.pdf\letterhash page=50)]\blank
file test.pdf sits in the current directory.\blank
\goto{click test.pdf page10 with ftp:///Users/... (full path given) opens at last page opened not at page 10 in Apple's Preview}[url(file:///Users/hansm/TeX/Test-tex/gotopdf/test.pdf\letterhash page=10)]{\quad\bf Put your own path here!}\blank
\goto{click test.pdf page10 with ftp://test.pdf (local path)) does not open}[url(file://test.pdf\letterhash page=10)]\blank
\stoptext