[NTG-context] Problem with Filter Module in latent context beta

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sun Apr 15 07:08:48 CEST 2018


On Sun, 15 Apr 2018, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 4/14/2018 9:52 PM, Lutz Haseloff wrote:
>> I get another error message:
>> 
>> open source > level 4, order 5, name 't-module-catcodes.tex'
>> loading > Module Catcodes (ver: 2011.12.17)
>> 
>> tex error > tex error on line 96 in file t-module-catcodes.tex: ! 
>> Undefined control sequence
> why are special catcodes needed? an dif so, there are often easier ways 
> than low level hacking

This is the commit (from 2011!) where I added this code:

https://github.com/adityam/filter/commit/c34023fd1ede0909a056a10c6352202f2295fba4

My guess is that I did not want multiple newlines to collapse in t-vim, so 
I had redefined \activeendoflinetoken to {\strut\par}. The offending 
lines are copied from catc-ini.mkiv from the same time:

https://github.com/contextgarden/context-mirror/blob/5056d7a854142aa63032b0a3ca4d41c496e41faf/tex/context/base/catc-ini.mkiv

to make sure that I use the same syntax for MkII and MkIV.

A couple of years after that I split the MkII and MkIV code into separate 
files, but I never touched the catcode part (because it was working).

I cannot test the latest beta right now; I'll test it on Monday. In the 
meanwhile, what is the current recommended method to alter the way literal 
newlines and tabs are shown.


Aditya


More information about the ntg-context mailing list