[NTG-context] Build for Alpine Linux

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Mon Apr 9 21:35:18 CEST 2018

> A few notes:
> a.) On some platforms fgrep has been deprecated (in favour of `grep -F`) so
> it's not future-proof

  I don’t think the aliases fgrep and egrep have ever been supposed to
be portable.  POSIX has grep -F and grep -E, and that’s what we should
use.

> b.) The caret (^) passed to `grep -F` will not be interpreted as a regex,
> since -F forces non-regexp, meaning the '^' will be interpreted literally
> (and the string "^musl" is not in the ldd output).

  The caret in itself was not the problem, only that it was not escaped
for the shell.  Testing a regexp, with -E of course, is just as robust,
and allows us to be more specific about what we test.

> if command -v ldd >/dev/null && ldd --version 2>&1 | grep -Fq 'musl' > /dev/null

  grep -E '^musl' works just as well; and as I explained, -q may return
0 even if there are errors, so should be avoided.

	Best,

		Arthur