[NTG-context] double followtokens?

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 8 23:17:37 CEST 2018

On 4/8/2018 8:10 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 04/08/2018 04:41 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 4/8/2018 12:11 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> I want a full circle in two halves with the same duplicated sentence.
>>> The first one written clockwise and the second one written
>>> counterclockwise (as in the commented path above).
>>>
>>> I hope it is clearer now.
>>
>>       path p ; p := reverse halfcircle scaled 5cm ;
>>       path q ; q := reverse halfcircle scaled 5cm rotated 180 ;
>>
>>       path q ; q := reverse halfcircle scaled 5cm rotated 180 ;
>>
>>       \followtokens{~this way~}
>>       \followtokens{\reversedtext{~this way~}}
>
> Many thanks for the reply, Hans.
>
> I don’t know what I’m missing here, but I cannot get your code working.
> Here you have the full sample:
>
>    \useMPlibrary[txt]
>
>    \starttext
>    \startuseMPgraphic{followtokens}
>       path p ; p := reverse halfcircle scaled 5cm ;
>       path q ; q := reverse halfcircle scaled 5cm rotated 180 ;
>
>       path q ; q := reverse halfcircle scaled 5cm rotated 180 ;
>    \stopuseMPgraphic
>
>    \followtokens{~this way~}
>    \followtokens{\reversedtext{~this way~}}
>    \stoptext
>
> \reversedtext is undefined (I’m using beta from 2018.04.04 00:51).

of course it it ... it's basically the lua snippet i sent a few mails ago

> But even commenting that second command, \followtokens seems to require
> that path is named RotPath to be used the text. I get the standard line.

sure, that's how it works (at least with that module ... that trickery
dates from mkii)

> What am I doing wrong here?

probably using a mechanism in away that is a bit ovet the top

(so you can wait till the embedded variant shows up)

>> we will have this in metafun:
>>
>>       followtext("this way",p) ;
>>
>> so that one can do it all in mp ... a nice gimmick for the ctx meeting
>
> This will be incredibly handy.

i wonder, not many users run into this feature (kind of coincidence that
we have two reports this month) .. it's mostly that i was curious if it
could be integrated that i looked into it