[NTG-context] Build for Alpine Linux

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Sun Apr 8 23:09:17 CEST 2018

On Sun, Apr 08, 2018 at 10:50:16PM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> I need to finish "parsing"
>     https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2018/091123.html

  I was wondering if anyone had paid attention to that :-)  I realise
the explanation is a bit long, but there were many details and I thought
it was interesting to document the situation.  In summary:

  1. The flow of the current test is corect, making the GNU libc the default
  2. The string ^musl should be escaped, for example with single quotes
  3. grep -q has a confusing behaviour and should be replaced by grep >/dev/null
  4. (Not in the long explanation) grep -E is recommended when using regexps

That is to say:

	if command -v ldd >/dev/null && ldd --version 2>&1 | grep -E '^musl' >/dev/null
	then
		libc=musl
	else
		libc=glic