[NTG-context] Macro to write the euro symbol

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 8 11:50:30 CEST 2018

On 4/8/2018 9:09 AM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi Fabrice,
>
> I don't know about the \symbol[EUR], but you can use directly the €
> symbol as in:
>
> \unexpanded\def\euros#1{#1\,€}
> \starttext
>
> \euros{100}
> \stoptext
most fonts nowadays have a properly matched euro

\usesymbols[mvs] % has your EUR

\starttext

     \unexpanded\def\euros#1{#1\,€}

     \euros{100}

     \unexpanded\def\euros#1{#1\,\symbol[europe][EUR]}

     \euros{100}

\stoptext

We don't load these symbol sets by default. Soon the tex gyre fonts will
contain many more symbols which means that we will also get away from
some currently traditional symbols taken from math fonts.