[NTG-context] texdoc in ConTeXt standalone

Henri Menke henrimenke at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 00:43:17 CEST 2018

Dear list,

I'm sure you aware of the very useful "texdoc" command line utility in TeX live
which brings up the PDF documentation for packages.  ConTeXt standalone also
comes with documentation in

    /opt/context/tex/texmf-context/doc/context

However, I find it tedious to always search for the correct subfolder to get to
the document I need.  It would be great if there was something like

    mtxrun --script doc metafun

which would open the MetaFun manual.  Similarly "mtxrun --script doc gnuplot"
would open the manual of the gnuplot module, etc.

See attached for my shitty prototype.

Cheers, Henri