[NTG-context] margin of left/right floats

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Wed Apr 4 10:10:29 CEST 2018

Am 2018-04-03 um 20:55 schrieb Hans Hagen <j.hagen at xs4all.nl>:

> On 4/3/2018 6:56 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>> Hello again,
>> this should be a simple question, but I didn’t find anything (or probably didn’t look at the right places):
>> How can I setup/change the margin beside a float (image) that is placed left or right?
>    \setupfloats[margin=3cm]

I thought there should be a setting like that, but it’s missing in http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupfloat
I’ll add it.

I didn’t check what left/rightmargindistance does, just anticipated it would be the distance from the margin of the textarea.

>    \placefigure[left]{}{}
>
>    \input ward \input ward
>
>    \definefloat[myleft]
>
>    \setupfloat
>      [myleft]
>      [default=left,
>       leftmargindistance=1cm]
>
>    \placefloat
>      [myleft]{}{}
>
>    \input ward \input ward
>
>    \setupfloat
>      [myleft]
>      [default=left,
>       margin=1cm,
>       leftmargindistance=1cm]
>
>    \placefloat
>      [myleft]{}{}
>
>    \input ward \input ward
>

> for historical reasons margin is only set global but I'll change that to instance related too (so that the last example works without globally setting margin)

Thank you very much!

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net