[NTG-context] linux binaries split?

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Sat Mar 24 14:16:46 CET 2018

On 24.03.2018 14:06, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
>    Quite possibly the shell makes a difference, but the expression being
> grepped for really should be protected by quotes.  Can you try
>
> 	ldd --version 2>&1 | fgrep -q '^musl'
>
> ?
>
> 	Best,
>
> 		Arthur

Arthur, with your command, I get an empty line as return. My question
still stands: what is the expected result for this test? If I run the
command

ldd --version 2>&1 | grep -q ^musl

from inside my system, grep will report all the subdirectories with a line

grep: XXX: Is a directory

So: if the test defaults to "musl" when the return is non-empty, that
would explain a lot. And it should be adapted since it puts a lot of
confidence into the return of this command.

Thomas