[NTG-context] linux binaries split?

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Sat Mar 24 13:30:56 CET 2018

On 03/24/2018 12:14 PM, luigi scarso wrote:

> hm, what does
> command -v ldd >/dev/null && ldd --version 2>&1
> say ?

ldd (GNU libc) 2.26
Written by Roland McGrath and Ulrich Drepper.

> it's a "long term", ie until  it's in texlive .
> If not in texlive, it can be dropped, but not necessarily.

Sorry, I don't understand, this sounds contradictory to me.

On 03/24/2018 12:15 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
 > i have no clue what drives this but i suppose than a specific linux only
 > has one of these two libs
 >
 > (no sign of musl in my scripts here)

I see this tex/setuptex:

		if command -v ldd >/dev/null && ldd --version 2>&1 | grep -q ^musl
		then
			libc=musl
		else
			libc=glibc
		fi

> rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .
>
> it looks like that one has changed

Even with the new first-setup.sh: when I run it, there are no new
binaries in context/tex/texmf-linuxmusl-64/bin, so for the time being,
context minimals are broken on arch linux (and its derivatives, I guess).

Thomas