[NTG-context] linux binaries split?

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Sat Mar 24 11:59:37 CET 2018

Hi,

I wanted to use my minimal installation on arch linux this morning and
received this error:

Binaries for platform 'linuxmusl-64' are missing.
(There is no folder "/mnt/shared/context/tex/texmf-linuxmusl-64/bin")
provide a proper tex root (like '. setuptex /something/tex')

Looking into setuptex, I see indeed a test for "libc=musl" or
"libc=glibc," so it appears that we now have two sets of binaries for
linux-64? Is this supposed to be a long-term thing or just in the
preparation for texlive 2018? (I share my minimal directory between
several linux installations, so I assume I would need both sets?)

Thank you, and all best

Thomas