[NTG-context] decomposed u umlaut

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Tue Mar 20 08:42:08 CET 2018

Ahoi,

I’ve one annoying problem with ConTeXt: all üs (small u umlauts) seem to be encoded as decomposed unicode or something like that, at least every ü breaks into u + garbage if I copy some text from a ConTeXt PDF to an app that doesn’t really support Unicode.
All other characters within Latin-1, including umlauts, are no problem, that’s why I think the problem might be in ConTeXt’s font handling.

(Actually, this is about my invoice addresses that I copy from PDF to the German Post postage webshop. The site is quite new and I can’t understand how a big company can buy such crappy software. I already complained, there are more problems, but of course got only a template answer.)

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net