[NTG-context] Combine overlapping margin notes with separator

Benjamin Epstein benjepstein at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 09:39:10 CET 2018

Hello!

I am typesetting a text with line numbers in the margin and am interested
in combining them if two should end up on the same line, dividing them with
a comma or something like that.  With the code below, the first line of the
output contains an overlapping "1" and "2" in the margin.  I would like the
"1" and "2" not to be overlapping, nor to be stacked like
\setupmargindata[stack=yes] would get me, but rather to automatically
combine those that would overlap to get something like "1,2".

Current output: https://i.imgur.com/RaTQ1ZO.png
Desired output: https://i.imgur.com/oWKigTX.png

Is there a reliable way to implement this?  Any help would be appreciated!

***

\starttext

\inmargin{1}Now we are engaged in a great civil war.
\inmargin{2}We are testing whether that nation or any nation so conceived
and so dedicated, can long endure.
\inmargin{3}We are met on a great battle-field of that war.

\stoptext

***

Thank you,
Benjamin