[NTG-context] prevgraf change if page break occurs in a paragraph

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Mar 5 10:15:09 CET 2018

On 3/5/2018 9:43 AM, Joseph Canedo wrote:
> I see. I use prevgraf to get number of lines in most recent paragraph to
> compute eventually hangindent if there is a lettrine in paragraph (in
> case first paragraph has fewer lines than the lettrine itself, of course
> next paragraph needs to setup hangindent properly).

but .. that one is then still on the same page; in fact, you should
check for realpage being changed then

> I guess as an alternative, I could use the callback after paragraph is
> split in N lines to count the number of lines, or is this number can be
> accessed via some other existing variable in tex lua « table » ?
> Currently I access prevgraf value Inside lua. Probably better than
> making things more complicated in luatex itself.
prevgraf is still ok after a 7 line paragraph but ... when you cross a
page, and have say 4 lines moved to the next one, then a 7 line
hangafter would be wrong (you can check if a par is on the same page)

with callbacks after breaking in lines you still don't know ...