[NTG-context] export breaks float placement

Alan Braslau braslau.list at comcast.net
Sun Mar 4 16:15:31 CET 2018

On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 13:51:39 +0100
Henning Hraban Ramm <texml at fiee.net> wrote:

> > normally you will run like "context --mode=export
> > --result=myexport" or so where you wrap settings specific to an
> > export in modes
>
> I (can) run several "results" for most of my projects, e.g. lowres,
> print res, imposed (arranged) and epub.
>
> But I insist it makes no sense that (epub) export breaks image
> placement in the pdf. Why add another lengthy TeX run?
>
> > the more features we add to mtxrun the more complex it will become
> > (and no one will use them then)
>
> Hans, please, it’s not about adding features, it’s about an existing
> feature that unnecessarily influences/disables an other.

I do this (--mode=export --result=exported) and find it somewhat
awkward. I also do not understand why one should not/cannot export
systematically, thus creating multiple output, nor do I "really"
understand why exporting *has* to break the floats (and what else?).

As a result, this is a *feature* (export) that I can but rarely use.

Alan