[NTG-context] Question about text offset

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Feb 28 09:05:55 CET 2018

On 2/28/2018 5:28 AM, Henri Menke wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I was wondering, why is the text in the main text block offset by .25\exheight
> from above (and below)?  Also, can you point me to the source line where this
> offset is added in shipout because it is not there in \setuplayout.  If you
> don't know what I mean, see MWE below.
>
> Cheers, Henri
>
> ---
>
> \definelayer
>    [pagebg]
>    [width=\textwidth,
>     height=\textheight]
>
> \setupbackgrounds
>    [text][background=pagebg]
>
> \showframe
>
> \starttext
>
> \setlayer
>    [pagebg]
>    [voffset=.25\exheight] % why?
>    {\vbox{\strut\input lorem\par}}
>
> \input lorem\par
>
> \stoptext
\definelayer
   [pagebg]
   [width=\textwidth,
    height=\textheight]

\setupbackgrounds
   [text][background=pagebg]

\showframe

\starttext

\setlayer
   [pagebg]
   {\vbox{\red\strut\input lorem\par}}

\setlayer
   [pagebg]
   [voffset=\dimexpr\topskip-\strutht\relax] % why?
   {\vbox{\green\strut\input lorem\par}}

\setlayer
   [pagebg]
   {\vbox{\blue\topskipcorrection\strut\input lorem\par}}

\input lorem\par