[NTG-context] option for printing range

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Feb 27 09:15:37 CET 2018

On 2/26/2018 8:02 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 02/25/2018 10:51 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 2/25/2018 9:12 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> The print range for Acrobat is "3,6,9-11" when it should be "2,5,8-10"
>>> (the document only contains 10 pages).
>>
>> is ok here (looking in the pdf file)
>
> I have tested the file in Acrobat XI and since I got the same wrong page
> ranges, I asked to an Adobe engineer.
>
> He confirmed that the spec is wrong. Page counting for /PrintPageRange
> should be zero-based and it shouldn’t start from one.
>
> Sorry for this. Could you correct the implementation?
the usual pdf spec rubish ... no one uses it (although tex is often
first), they it gets a bugged implementation and then the specs change
... one of the reasons why i don't bother too much in implementing the
latest pdf gadgets ... i wasted too much time adapting to changed
(interpretation of the) specs

Hans

(I don't officially have the latest spec as i refuse to pay for a pdf
specification that could be distributed in pdf format.)