[NTG-context] option for printing range

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Feb 24 19:50:27 CET 2018

On 2/24/2018 11:31 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Hans,
>
> would it be possible to add an key to \setupinteractionscreen that
> implements the /PrintPageRange key in the /ViewerPreferences dictionary
> (https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/PDF32000_2008.pdf#page=373)?
>
> For example, "\setupinteractionscreen[range={2, 4-7, 10}]" should add
> the "/PrintPageRange [1 1 3 6 9 9]" in /ViewerPreferences. (BTW, the key
> name is the first one that came to my mind.)
>
> This is extremely useful to help the user to print only the required
> pages and not the whole document (which may be required only for viewing
> purposes).
well, 'extremely' is a bit of a exaggeration i guess as most of these
fancy acrobat only features are hardly used or requested (i still have
to meet a publisher who wants anything fancy pdf anyway) so we're
talking of yet another feature creep that probably only one person will use

anyway, that said, as we use abstraction and as we don't know pages in
advance the only way i'm willing to support it is by using the (probably
unknown) marked pages feature

\setupinteractionscreen
   [print={foo,oof}]

\starttext

% \markpage[foo][1,4,5]
% \markpage[foo][+2]

\markpage[foo] foo \page
\markpage[foo] foo \page
\markpage[oof] oof \page
\markpage[bar] bar \page
\markpage[foo] foo \page
\markpage[foo] foo \page
\markpage[bar] bar \page
\markpage[foo] foo \page
\markpage[oof] oof \page
\markpage[bar] bar \page

\stoptext

and guess who is going to document it on the wiki ...