[NTG-context] typesetting information from git

Schmitz Thomas A. thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Fri Feb 23 21:38:56 CET 2018

Hi,

I like to add a sort of watermark with info about the git revision at the bottom of some files that I typeset. I’m using Lua, so I have:

context(os.resultof("git --no-pager log --pretty='%h of %aD' -1 foo.xml”))

which gives something like "git revision b085c92a of Wed, 14 Feb 2018 12:49:35 +0100.” Suppose I want to make this more general. What would be the easiest way to either say “the xml file that is being processed” (something like arg[1]) or “the xml file whose name is in the Lua variable ‘foo?’”

Thanks!

Thomas