[NTG-context] Learning how to use \setupbtxrendering

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Sun Feb 18 20:22:54 CET 2018

On 2018-02-18 12:07, Alan Braslau wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 11:58:40 -0500
> Rik Kabel <context at rik.users.panix.com> wrote:
>
>> Indeed, it is hard to imagine a BibTeX file devoid of such markup.
>> How would one indicate the (reverse) emphasis of a quoted book title,
>> as in /The Cambridge Companion to /Ulysses, except by indicating the
>> emphasis of "Ulysses" and letting ConTeXt reverse it when emphasizing
>> the complete title? (ยง4.21 of the APA2013 spec requires this.)
> title={The Cambridge Companion to {\em Ulysses}},

I would think that the proper form would be

    title={The Cambridge Companion to {\it Ulysses}}

since \em could be, and is by default, slanted, but the standard here
calls for italic.

That brings up the question of when one should use \em, \emph, and
\emphasized, all of which appear in font-emp.mkvi. The wiki and other
documentation provides no guidance.

--
Rik