[NTG-context] Learning how to use \setupbtxrendering

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Sun Feb 18 19:07:35 CET 2018

On 2018-02-18 12:23, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> On 02/18/2018 06:07 PM, Alan Braslau wrote:
>> title={The Cambridge Companion to {\em Ulysses}},
>
> Alan, I think this was Rik Kabel's point: for some scenarios, you
> cannot avoid to have some sort of context commands in your bibtex
> file. For a while, I also used biblatex from time to time, so I tried
> to have a bibtex file that would be as clean as possible and work with
> both systems, but your example shows that this is not always possible.
> Well, nothing that some well-written perl couldn't get rid of...
>
> All best
>
> Thomas

Indeed, that was my point. Even without the mathematics components that
were cited, I cannot imagine how markup could be excluded from the
BibTeX file, and for that matter, from any other bibliographical
database I have seen, if we have to comply with arbitrary formatting
standards. The statement that one should not put any such formatting
into the file is perhaps aspirational, but not really useful.

--
Rik