[NTG-context] Learning how to use \setupbtxrendering

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Sun Feb 18 17:58:40 CET 2018

On 2018-02-17 14:29, Alan Braslau wrote:
> First of all, don't put any such formatting in the BibTeX file: that is
> a LaTeX-style hack, and we have designed the ConTeXt system to avoid
> any such need. The dataset should contain only data, and hacks should
> be avoided.
>
> There is some limitation to this. Say, for example that the title
> contains mathematical symbols. One would be hard pressed not to include
> dollar-sign delimiters and math syntax! Another example could be
> "edition={second}" and "edition={2\high{nd}}". Of course, one could
> introduce conversion sets (like for months), but this gets complicated.
> How about "edition={second, revised with corrections}"?

Indeed, it is hard to imagine a BibTeX file devoid of such markup. How
would one indicate the (reverse) emphasis of a quoted book title, as in
/The Cambridge Companion to /Ulysses, except by indicating the emphasis
of "Ulysses" and letting ConTeXt reverse it when emphasizing the
complete title? (ยง4.21 of the APA2013 spec requires this.)

--
Rik
__