[NTG-context] xits-math font problem

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Feb 16 12:21:37 CET 2018

Hi Hans,

> On 16 Feb 2018, at 12:02, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
>
> On 2/16/2018 9:10 AM, Jeong Dal wrote:
>> Dear Hans,
>> Thank you for a quick reply.
>>> can you try mtxrun --script font --reload --force
>>>
>> I open the terminal and  run mtxrun as su, and got the following:
>> Graph-MacBook:ConTeXt graph$ source ./tex/setuptex
>> Setting "/Users/graph/ConTeXt/tex" as ConTeXt root.
>> Graph-MacBook:ConTeXt graph$ sudo mtxrun --script font --reload --force
>> Password:

> hm, so you need a password for this?

For sudo, yes. But that is unrelated.

>> otf reader      | fatal error in file '/System/Library/Fonts/ArabicUIText.ttc':
>
> what's that

The error is a lua error (‘lower expects a string, not nil') in this line:

font-dsp.lua:3324                 name     = lower(extras[readushort(f)]),

Which makes some sense as ttx reports:

$ ttx -t STAT -y 0 ArabicUIDisplay.ttc
Dumping "ArabicUIDisplay.ttc" to "ArabicUIDisplay#1.ttx"...
Dumping 'STAT' table...
WARNING: name id 256 missing from name table
WARNING: name id 256 missing from name table
WARNING: name id 256 missing from name table
WARNING: name id 256 missing from name table

So I think you need a guard in font-dsp and/or fetch the name from some backup location?

Drop me a line if you need a temporary copy of the font.

Best wishes,

Taco