[NTG-context] Change of nuts.dimensions function ?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Feb 16 12:06:07 CET 2018

On 2/15/2018 9:29 PM, Joseph Canedo wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> Thanks a lot, the function nuts.dimensions seems to work again as before.
>
> Another issue I am seeing now is that for some reason the dir nodes
> push/pop are unbalanced. If I understand the logic of these whatsit
> nodes they behave like a stack to control the text direction, so I’d
> assume the number of push nodes and pop nodes is balanced. Currently I
> see 2 pop for 1 push in shipouts callback (but balanced pop/push nodes
> in processors callback). If that’s expected from now on I’ll change the
> logic in my handler.
>
> Simple MWE that reproduces is attached.

i get

dir=+TRT level=2
dir=-TRT level=1
processor
dir=+TRT level=2
dir=+TLT level=3
dir=-TLT level=2
dir=-TRT level=1
shipout
dir=+TRT level=2
dir=-TRT level=1
shipout
dir=+TRT level=2
dir=+TLT level=3
dir=-TLT level=2
dir=-TRT level=1

(latest experimental ... keep in mind that experimental is *not* really
meant for production as it's the branch where we put in code that we
work on .. it can even be a temporsary snapshot)

(btw, there is a preliminary bidi manual in the distribution which i use
when testing some of the low level cleanup in progress)