[NTG-context] italic correction after math

Alan Braslau braslau.list at comcast.net
Wed Feb 14 17:30:22 CET 2018

On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 10:12:22 +0100
Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> wrote:

> > ⟂ U+27C2 \perp, for example. This is a "show-stopper" for me.
>
> Works ok for me on latex + windows:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{unicode-math}
> \setmathfont{Cambria Math}
> \begin{document}\pagestyle{empty}
> $ ^^^^27c2 blblb $
> \end{document}
>
> (the document only uses cambria.ttc, so the glyph must be from this
> font).
>
> The context code
>
> \setupbodyfont[cambria]
> \starttext
> $\perp $
> abc
> \stoptext
>
> works fine for me too.

As Hans points out, \perp is U+22A5 (UP TACK), not U+27C2
(PERPENDICULAR), and might differ (in weight) from U+2225 (PARALLEL) or
\parallel, although this may depend on the particular font design.
(UP/DOWN/RIGHT/LEFT TACK are a set)

Is the definition used in char-ent.lua the right choice?
char-ent.lua:    ["perp"] = "⊥", -- U+022A5

Perhaps the latex package unicode-math makes the substitution for you.

(Note that dejavu has U+27C2.)

MWE:

\setupbodyfont [cambria,20pt]
%\setupbodyfont [dejavu,20pt]