[NTG-context] image file resolver in Lua?

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Tue Feb 6 13:13:12 CET 2018

Am 2018-02-06 um 09:34 schrieb Procházka Lukáš Ing. <LPr at pontex.cz>:

> Hello Henning,
>
>> This is really interesting, but my original question was about the file path resolver, i.e. how to get "t:/sources/cow.pdf" from just "cow"?
>>

> I guess there was a similar question here:
>
> 	https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2017/088324.html
>
> Reading till the end, I deduce one has to collect snippets which appear in the code to build its own "file locator" as no function like "MyExternalFigureLocator()" exists in ConTeXt/Lua API.

Dear Lukáš,
thank you very much for collecting this information!

I’ll try as soon as I get some time, since algorithmic image placement is a recurring problem for me, as I try to replace InDesign in my workflow.

I thought about providing a module, but each of my projects has so differing needs that either every macro would need a bunch of options, or I need a lot of similar macros. We’ll see...

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net