[NTG-context] about \placeindex: uppercase initial and lowercase initial, two languages

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sun Jan 28 18:51:17 CET 2018

On 01/28/2018 03:16 PM, Jeong Dal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To place the index at the end of the book, I put \placeindex before \stopproduct.
> It is compiled well.
> But, for the better output, I have two questions about the index.
>
> 1. In the output, it distinguished uppercase and lowercase initial.
> [...]
> Is there a way to make index combining the lowercase and the uppercase together as follows?

> set
> simple statements
>> Squeeze theorem

Hi Jeong,

"method={zm, zc}" is your friend here:

    \setupregister[method={zm, zc}]
    \starttext
    \startTEXpage[offset=2em]
    \index{Squeeze theorem}
    \index{simple statements}
    \index{set}
    \index{sweat}
    \placeindex
    \stopTEXpage
    \stoptext

> 2. The index shows the English letters first and the Koren letters follows.
> Although it is OK that English words are shown first, is there a way
> to make Korean words are shown first since the main language is Korean?

I wonder whether two different indices would make sense here.

I guess register order is related to the position in any charset you
take. The ASCII characters come before any other range you select (not
only CJK, but Greek or Cyrillic).

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--