[NTG-context] Placing a figure with a command for the file in mkiv

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 12:31:03 CET 2018

> On 27 Jan 2018, at 11:43, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:
> […]
> \defineexpandable\...{…}

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks again! Indeed

	\defineexpandable\authorpicture{hacker.jpg}

solves the problem in the simplified case I was reporting.
However in the real case, the file « hacker.jpg » is in fact a file which depends on other variables, and when I include \defineexpandable in the \getvariable environment then it does not work anymore: saying

	\defineexpandable\authorpicture{\getvariable{talk}{picture}}
or
	\defineexpandable\authorpicture{\expanded{\getvariable{talk}{picture}}}
or
	\defineexpandable\authorpicture{\expandafter\getvariable{talk}{picture}}
does not solve the problem.

Below is a minimal example showing the issue (with what you taught me last week…).

Best regards: OK

\starttext
\startbuffer[pagetalk]
	\starttabulate[|f{\bi}l|p|][before=]%
	\NC Speaker \EQ \getvariable{talk}{speakerfirstname} {\sc \getvariable{talk}{speakername}}
	 \NC\NR
	\NC Title   \EQ \getvariable{talk}{title}    \NC\NR
	\stoptabulate
	\defineexpandable\authorpicture{\getvariable{talk}{picture}}
	\placefigure[here][]{}
		{\externalfigure[\authorpicture]}
\page
\stopbuffer

\setvariable{talk}{set}{\getbuffer[pagetalk]}

\setvariables[talk]%
	[speakername={Hacker},
	title={Up to date hacking},
	picture=hacker.jpg