[NTG-context] chapter setup with subtitle in margin

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Wed Jan 24 23:00:40 CET 2018

Am 2018-01-24 um 19:25 schrieb Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu>:

> On Wed, 24 Jan 2018, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>
>> Am 2018-01-23 um 22:31 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm <texml at fiee.net>:
>>
>>> I have this nice/complicated chapter setup (see attachments):
>>> Three problems I cannot get rid of:
>>>
>>> - There’s always an indent in front of the title (red box); it should not.
>>> - The subtitle should start on the same line as the main title.
>>> - The subtitle should have an appropriate line spacing.
>>
>> I could solve the subtitle placement with layers.
>>
>> But the chapter title still has this indent. :-(
>
> Untested, but you have two spurious spaces in your code
>
> \define[2]\ChapterCmd{%
>  \inouter{\framed[frame=off,align=flushleft]{%
>    %\startlinecorrection
>    \switchtobodyfont[rm,12pt] % <-- Here. Remove space before %
>    \structureuservariable{subtitle}}%
>    %\stoplinecorrection
>    }% << HERE: % was missing
>  \framed[width=\textwidth,frame=off,align=flushleft]{\ChapterTitleFont #2}
> }

Thank you, but those existed only in an old version.
Current is:

\define[2]\ChapterCmd{%
  \framed[width=\textwidth,frame=off,align=flushleft,style=\ChapterTitleFont]{#2}% without framed it’s a hbox?
  \setlayerframed[rightmargin]%
  [frame=off,width=\outermarginwidth,y=0mm,setups=Subtitle,align=flushleft]%
  {\structureuservariable{subtitle}}%
}

And the indent is still there.

Greetlings, Hraban