[NTG-context] Registers and getparameters

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 21:39:12 CET 2018

Hi Wolfgang,

Thank you very much for your reply and your wise advice to use the \setvariable mechanism. It is indeed much more convenient to use for what I intend to do.

The only remaining problem is that when several talks are included in my file (in the following example there three of them), then the entries to the register are correct but the associated pagenumbers are incorrect and are given the last pagenumber: in the following example all three talks are given the pagenumber 4 in the register. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks agin for your time and attention: Otared K.
%%% begin register-talks.tex
\setupinteraction[state=start]
\defineregister[speakers]

\setupregister
  [speakers]
  [style=sansbold,
   n=2]

\startbuffer[pagetalk]
  \doflushatpar
    {\expanded{\speakers{\getvariable{talk}{speakername}}}%
     \expanded{\pagereference[talk:\getvariable{talk}{speakername}]}}%
  \starttabulate[|f{\bi}l|p|]
  \NC Speaker \EQ \getvariable{talk}{speakername} \NC\NR
  \NC Title   \EQ \getvariable{talk}{title}       \NC\NR
  \NC Time    \EQ \getvariable{talk}{time}        \NC\NR
  \NC Room    \EQ \getvariable{talk}{room}        \NC\NR
  \HL
  \stoptabulate
\stopbuffer

\setvariable{talk}{set}{\getbuffer[pagetalk]}

\showframe[text][text]

\starttext

\setvariables[talk]
	[speakername={Gauss},
	title={Remarks on Number Theory},
	time={10:30},
	room={A}]

\page

\setvariables[talk]
	[speakername={Poincaré},
	title={Remarks on Relativity},
	time={16:30},
	room={B}]

\page

\setvariables[talk]%
	[speakername={Dirac},
	title={Quaternions and the wave equation},
	time={15:30},
	room={B}]

\page

The talk about Gauss is on \at{page}[talk:Gauss].

\completeregister[speakers]

\stoptext
%%% end register-talks.tex