[NTG-context] Support for musl

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 12:22:50 CET 2018

On 19 January 2018 at 11:40, Henri Menke wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I'd like to support Linux platforms which use musl (https://www.musl-libc.org/) instead of glibc, like for instance Alpine Linux.
>
> How would I go about this?  Can you share existing build scripts for, e.g. Linux-64?  Do I have to provide build infrastructure?

Can you please raise that question on the TeX Live mailing list?

If TL team is not willing to support it, we can still do it ourselves,
but let's first see if there's an "official" way to support it, also
with respect to naming.
We would need to set up a VM running that version of Linux + some
other stuff (at the moment we are experiencing some technical issues
with network and the build infrastructure and we need to fix the
existing issues first, but then we could look into it).

(Would you expect any other use besides you?)

Mojca