[NTG-context] Correct usage of \placebookmarks

Lars axteffekt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 21:03:41 CET 2018

Hello there,

I've stumbled upon a behaviour in CTX that I don't fully understand. My
goal is to create a multipage document *without* heads (title, chapter,
etc) but only text. Yet I would like to create bookmarks. So my MWE
looks the following:

\setupinteraction[state=start]
\setupinteractionscreen[option=bookmark]
\definelist[Marks]
\placebookmarks[Marks][Marks][force=yes]

\starttext

   \bookmark[Marks]{Bookmark one}
   \input tufte

   \page

   \bookmark[Marks]{Bookmark two}
   \input knuth

\stoptext

Yet CTX doesn't create bookmarks in that case. I first have to add a
blank predefined header like chapter or section anywhere in the text:

\setupinteraction[state=start]
\setupinteractionscreen[option=bookmark]
\definelist[Marks]
\placebookmarks[Marks][Marks][force=yes]

\starttext

   \bookmark[Marks]{Bookmark one}
   \input tufte

   \page

   \bookmark[Marks]{Bookmark two}
   \input knuth

   \startchapter[title={},marking={}]
   \stopchapter

\stoptext

Although I haven't added chapter key to \placebookmarks, so that it also
doesn't show up in the bookmarks window, only then CTX seems to create
bookmarks for the list which I created called Marks.

Is there a way to circumvent this? I'd like boomarks only where I place
them manually, without using headers.

Thanks in advance, Lars.